Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas Morning!!!!!
Christmas morning was a little bit crazy this year because it fell on a Sunday and we had church at 10:00AM. I am actually glad that it fell on a Sunday so we could really focus on what Christmas is all about and that is the Savior and his birth! I think it helped Makayla understand a little bit better that Christmas isn't just about presents and Santa, but about Jesus and all he did for us!
Since we had church at 10:00AM we decided that we would let the girls open the presents in their stockings before church and then we would open the rest after church.
(I know we are mean parents, or so that is what my brothers and parents said! :))
Lucy didn't even wake up until 9:00AM so it was a good thing we decided to wait so we didn't have to rush through everything. Oh and no we didn't have a white Christmas this year. In fact it was like 50 degrees out there! It was crazy warm and honestly it makes me a little sad not to have a white Christmas. I don't know how people do it in places where it never snows.
All the stockings were hung....
Presents under the tree.
Getting ready to open presents! Everyone was so excited!
Matching purses!
We didn't know what to get Lucy for Christmas this year and then 2 days before Christmas we were at the mall and Lucy wouldn't let go of a little purse she found, so I decided to make her one, and if I make one I end up needing to make two.
Watching her face while she opens presents is priceless! Here she is opening the movie, Enchanted.

Lucy got a little ball and baton and she was in heaven!The littlest things make her so happy!
Since Makayla will be starting Sunbeams next Sunday we decided to get her a Book of Mormon so she can start taking it to church with her. She was so excited to get it and she walks around now reading it and telling us the story of Christ's birth. She is getting so big! I love her!
Lucy got this Minnie Mouse pillow pet from her Uncle Cory and this is what she was doing with it all day!
Makayla got a Rapunzel dress from Grandma and Grandpa Hunter and she could wait to put it on. She also got a Rapunzel doll from her Uncle Cory so of course she had to have a picture with it and her dress.
We, especially the girls, were so spoiled from my family this year and I want them to know how much we appreciate all they do for us! The girls LOVED all of their presents and play with them all the time!
(Thanks Eric and BreAnn for the little pet things, they are driving me nuts, but they sure do entertain the girls!)
Later that night we went over to the Snarr's house and had dinner with them and the Jorgensens. It was a lot of fun to hang out and just be with the people who are like our family since we are so far away. Being away from family really is hard, but with friends like we have we are so lucky! You guys are the best and I am truly going to miss you when we move!
Christmas truly is a magical time of year and I can't wait for next year!
Merry Christmas!!!!
Family Christmas Picture 2011

1 comment:

Holly said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas! Your girls are absolutely adorable!!