Thursday, December 1, 2011

Caleb's Birthday

Here is the post I said would come about how we celebrated Caleb’s birthday. I really didn’t know what to get him for his birthday and I always feel like I kind of over look it, what with Thanksgiving and all. So I decided that I was going to throw him a surprise birthday party. The Saturday before his birthday was the day I picked. I thought that way he wouldn’t suspect anything. It was also the day after the new Twilight came out so I knew I had a good cover up. I told him that a friend had offered to watch the girls while we went to a showing of it with another couple. He totally bought it. I did such a good job at keeping it a secret until the day before when Makayla started to tell him about the cake I had made that day. I thought he knew I was up to something, even though I played it off pretty well. Anyway needless to say he really didn’t know what was going on. I wish I had a picture of him when he walked into the room and saw everyone there, he looked so confused. We just hung around, ate cake, and just enjoyed some good company. I am grateful for our friends out here and for making this surprise work so well.
Here he is with the "30 Sucks" sign I made for him!
(Even though he is 30 he is still like 20 at heart!)

This is what the boys did. They played a shooting game on the Wii.
The awesome cake!
See how excited Caleb was to blow out his candles!

Picture with the cake! I spent a lot of time on that thing!
Of course one of my baby! Here she is advertising Snapple! Seriously this bottle could entertain her all night long. I think we might know what we are getting her for Christmas!
On Caleb's actually birthday (which was also Thanksgiving) we were in Missouri visiting two of his brothers, one of his sisters, and his mom. Caleb's only requests for his birthday were that he get to play football and then watch it on TV. So that is what he did! Also we were not having Thanksgiving dinner until the next day so we decided to go bowling too for his birthday. It was a lot of fun! All in all I think he had a pretty good birthday and if he didn't he better lie to me and tell me that he did!

No comments: