Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gearing up for Christmas

Once we got back from Missouri it was time to get ready for Christmas. First thing we did put up the Christmas tree!
Makayla was even more excited to get a tree this year!
Having way too much fun with the tree!
This was where Makayla hung all the ornaments that she was in charge of. Needless to say there are a million of ornaments in one spot on this side of the tree. It is so cute!
Lucy putting up her first ornament. She loved helping and I think most people would be surprised to learn that she hasn't touched the tree since. I thought for sure we would only be able to decorate half the tree because my 1 year old would go straight for it, but I have been pleasantly surprised.
Once the tree was up Makayla and I pulled out the rest of the decorations and got the house looking mighty Christmasy!
Now to show you some of my new Christmas creations for this year.
Our traditional Christmas PJ's. This is our last Christmas here so this year's theme is Palmer. Caleb will be graduating in Oct. 2012 so that is why we have the 2012 on them, and Palmer's colors are purple, white, and black hence the colors. I am pretty excited about them. I still need to perfect the adult sizes but I think the kid ones are going to be great!
Next we have stockings!
We haven't had matching ones since we got married, and it has always bothered me! Since I love to sew now I decided to try and make us some matching ones. I think they turned out great! I even have more fabric for future kids!
Since we don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings over I decided that we should just make one. With the help of my sweet husband we made this beauty! He is more artistic than I am so he drew all of the stuff and I sewed and ironed it all together! I am in love with it!
Stocking and the fireplace together!
(side note Lucy doesn't touch these or the little trees next to it either!)
Finally we have the felt Christmas tree I made for the girls inspired by pintrest! I LOVE pintrest and saw this on there and thought "I have to make this". It took me awhile to sit down and actually make it, again with the help of my husband, but I finally did and the girls love it. They play with it all day.
My little cheesers showing you how it is done!
Another thing we had to do this year was write our letter to Santa. Even though that is not the focus of Christmas it is still a fun part of the season! Makayla was so excited to write a letter this year and she even did some of the writing.
Here is a closer view. She wants s sewing machine and and ironing board? Honestly what kind of a child do I have!
Oh and who can forget the Christmas dresses! Thanks to Grandma Hunter the girls have some pretty cute dresses! Here Lucy is modeling hers.
And Makayla modeling hers
I love this picture because of both of their smiles! It shows their personalities! So excited for this Christmas season!!!

No comments: