Sunday, December 2, 2012

Locks of Love

The time has finally come, Makayla has been "BORN"
 hahaha!
I say that because every time we asked Makayla I she wanted to get her hair cut she would say no, and when we would ask her why she would say because she didn't want to be born. For the longest time we didn't know why she would say that. We finally figured out that it was because we often said she hadn't had her hair cut since she was born. Funny how kids confuse what you say!
Here is a before picture of the back of her hair. She had recently cut a chunk of her hair in the front, so it kind of forced us to do the "cut" even if she wasn't fully ready.
Side view. She was so excited to cut it and donate it to someone who would need it. She told anyone who would listen that she was cutting it to donate it to someone who didn't have any hair. So proud of this little girl!
Hair washed and ready to go. Isn't she so cute! I just love this little face!
My cousin Brooke did the cutting of her hair and here she is braiding it for the cut. I think I was more nervous than anyone else and it wasn't even my hair!
All done! She was so proud!
There it is!
 All of her hair since she was little. We had trimmed her hair once the year before to try and make it healthier when we donated it and that was all the hair cuts she had had.
WOW!!!
She couldn't stop looking at it! I think she loved it from the moment it was cut!
Makayla and Brooke!
Showing off her donation and new hair cut!
I can't believe she finally did it! We have been talking about it for so long now and it is crazy that it is finally done!
Back shot for the full affect
. What a change! Now we will see if I can keep it looking good. Having it long was easy I always just pulled it into a pony tail, now I will have to actually do it every morning!
Makayla couldn't be the only one to get to sit in the chair of course,  Lucy needed a turn as well. We didn't cut her hair, instead she just got a nice hair styling. I don't think I could have cut both girls hair at the same time.
Maybe Lucy will follow suit and wait to cut hers until it is long enough to donate!
Two of my beautiful girls!
I got my hair done too so I had to have a picture with Makayla. Everyone says we look a lot a like in this picture what do you think?

No comments: