Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Lanterns

For Family Night on Monday we got to go and do something so fun! We went up to the cemetery where my Grandpa and Grandma Hunter and my Aunt Jill are buried and we got to put luminaries on their graves for the Christmas season. The mortuary that my Grandparents were with do cool stuff like this all the time. It is so nice because it gives us more opportunities to go and pay our respects to them. My girls had a lot of fun decorating the luminaries. My girls just loved my Grandpa Hunter. They thought he was the cutest Great-Grandpa! They never got to meet Great-Grandma Hunter or Aunt Jill, but I just know they would have loved them too because I sure do! 
Here are the luminaries on the graves.
 
Lucy and Makayla with Grandma.
I am so thankful for my knowledge that families are forever! I bet they are so happy to be together again! I still miss them very much!

They also had us light floating lanterns and set them off into the air. They were the big ones that look like the ones in the move Tangled. It was a little scary lighting them and sending them off into the air since it was windy. Ours almost didn't make it past a huge tree, but at the last second it got a little boost and made it. They looked so cool floating up into the air!
Here are the girls with Grandpa and our floating lantern.
What a great way to spend a family night!

No comments: