Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Very Interesting Christmas 2013

 After a very fun Christmas Eve it was time for the big day. The girls woke up at their normal time of 7:00AM and we headed up to open presents.
The view of the presents before the girls got to it. Caleb had stayed up Christmas Even putting that doll house together. It is so cute so I hope the time it took to put it together was worth it to him! It was to me! Hahaha!
I don't have many pictures of them opening presents because I was video recording the whole thing. So here is what I got.
Makayla with her Unicorn Stompeez. She has wanted this for a very long time. I think they were the first thing she had on her list for Christmas.

Lucy was in LOVE with the doll house and couldn't stop playing with it. In fact I think she played with it all day long.

Nicole with her few presents.
She preferred to eat them over opening them.
After opening all the presents, Makayla crashed and told me she didn't feel good. My hope for a sick free Christmas was dashed. She didn't have what I had with my stomach, but she had a pretty high fever. Thanks to some Tylenol and rest she was able to feel well enough to use her easy bake oven that she was ecstatic to get since we told her you had to be 8 to get one. 
Making cupcakes with the new toy!
 
However the energy wasn't going to last. Once the medicine wore off she was back on the couch with a fever and only wanting to sleep. This happened all day long fever, medicine, fine for a bit, and then repeat the process. It was so sad to see her like this, but at least she would have spurts where she would feel well enough to do things. I decided being sick over Christmas in any way shape or form is no fun and not fair! 
I told you she loved the doll house! Here she is playing with it again.

Mommy and Nicole! Oh how I love this baby!
Later on Christmas night Cory, Eric, and BreAnn came over to exchange gifts with my whole family. I loved watching the girls open present from their Grandparents, Uncles and Aunt. They loved the presents and I think my parents and siblings loved watching them open them too. The joy on the faces of my kids is priceless to me! They sure are some lucky little girls! 

 
Lucy with her puppets from Grandpa and Grandma
Makayla with her Hello Kitty Alarm clock from Grandpa and Grandma.

Nicole was helping me open her gifts too.

Even with all the sicknesses we have had over this Christmas Holiday it has still been so fun to be with family and to remember the real reason for the season. I am so thankful for the Savior and that we get to celebrate his birth! I know that it is through him that I get to be with my amazing family for eternity!
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: