Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend 2012

After spending three years away from home during Thanksgiving it was sure nice to be back in Utah this year. Don't get me wrong we have some great memories spending our last few in Missouri and Michigan, but there is no place like home!
I really wanted to make homemade rolls so with my help from my mom and these two fabulous helpers we made homemade rolls and boy were they good!
(I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!)
They were so excited to help out and they were so cute doing it!
 
Makayla really wanted to make placemats for the table so we made some turkeys! I think they turned out so cute! Notice the eyelashes and glasses!
Out beautiful table set for a fancy feast and boy did we have one! Such good food and good company! I sure do love this holiday!
Later that night Caleb, my dad, my brothers, my sister-in-law, and my cousin all went out and did a little "early" black Friday shopping. Thanks to a little baby I stayed home. Maybe next year I will get back out there and do the shopping!

 Not only did we get to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend but we also got to celebrate Caleb's 31st birthday! I can't believe he is that old! Hahahaha! I am one lucky woman to be married to this great man! Happy Birthday Caleb!

Instead of a regular cake I made Caleb a homemade ice cream cake! It was really good and really easy to make!
He is such a fun Dad!

The last part of our weekend was spent getting the house ready for Christmas! Here is Lucy helping daddy put some decorations up!

Makayla had to have a picture of her helping too! I love these two and I love this time of the year! Can't wait to spend the month of December with my family!


No comments: