Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

I am starting to like Halloween more and more as my girls get older. I don't enjoy dressing up and I never have, but seeing how excited my girls get to dress up  makes it all worth it. 
I am not going to lie, but this Halloween season has made me really miss Iowa. We would have so much fun with this holiday out there. Iowa sure knew how to celebrate Halloween there was the ward trunk-or-treat, Palmer trick-or-treat, two different days to go out trick-or-treating, and who could forget the traditional Halloween in downtown Davenport. 
This year we went easy on the costumes, after all there wasn't a costume contest we had to win like the three years previous. Haha! 
Makayla wanted to be Rapunzel last year and I wouldn't let her so this year that is what she picked. Lucy got to be Minnie Mouse thanks to a friend who loaned it to us. Nicole was a bunny because that is what we had and we wanted her to be warm. It turned out to be a little too warm this year which was crazy!
Lucy our little Minnie Mouse

Makayla got to wear her costume to pre-school and then got to walk in a little parade around the neighborhood circle. It was so cute!
Before they did the parade they sang to the parents. They sang some "spooky" Halloween songs. I just love my Makayla she is such a performer!

Makayla and her friend Taylee were both Rapunzel. Taylee had the pretend Rapunzel hair and Makayla begged me to get it for her too. Call me mean, but I told her no because her hair is pretty much as long as the wig anyway! 
Makayla, Lucy, Kyson, and Taylee all dressed up.
Makayla and Lucy with Mrs. Shawna
We love Mrs. Shawna! She is so wonderful with Makayla,

My two sweet girls
My girls by the pumpkins getting ready to go out trick-or-treating!

Nicole in her bunny outfit
Look at my three cute girls!
We had a great Halloween and hope you all did too! 
On to the next Holiday, my favorite Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: