Sunday, October 12, 2008

French Fries.......YUM!

On Friday night, my parents called us and asked if we wanted to go to dinner with them. Our response was of course YES! I am not one to turn down going out to dinner. I would go out every night if I could talk Caleb into it and we could afford it! I am not one who likes to cook. I can never think of anything to make, I don't like to slave over a stove for hours, Caleb gets home really late, and I am usually really tired by dinner time. Weekends are usually dedicated to going out to eat, because yes, I refuse to cook after a long week at work!
Anyway, we went with my parents and my brother and his wife to Red Robin, one of my favorites. Makayla is sitting up on her own now so we decided to get her a high chair and let her sit with us at dinner.
Here she is! She is so proud! Don't you just love her smile!
Of course she lasted in the high chair until our food arrived. At that point she wanted to sit with us so that she could grab at all of our food. Sometimes I think that we should skip the baby food and go straight to real food!
She would not sit still, so to satisfy her we let her suck on a french fry. She absolutely loved it and couldn't get enough of it.
She knew exactly where that french fry was suppose to go.
When dad would take his turn, this is what would happen until she got her turn again! I guess we need to work on patience with this little girl!
On a side note, it was much easier to take her out when she littler. She use to just sit in her car seat and sleep or play, now she wants to be a part of everything! Oh the joys of growing up!

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a pretty girl!! Taylin would rather have real food too...I only give in sometimes...haha

Thatcher Family said...

Hi Marci! We're cousins (I'm a Lorenc...Randy's my dad) and I was brought to your blog from your hubby's siblings. I hope you don't mind my stopping by! Your baby is sooo cute. She totally reminds me of my daughter, who's now 4! They do grow up fast. But, I just wanted to let you know we never fed either of our kids baby food. Well, I can't say never, I suppose. Brooke tried it, but I'd say a week after trying it, she was done and wanted the real stuff. She did great from then on and my son never tasted a bite of it. Realistically, "real food" at her age is just introducing tastes to her palate (and some nutrition, but most of that should come from her bottle or you). So, feel free to save some money and make your own baby food from the food YOU eat! ;)

Trina said...

I know what you mean. Going out to eat is a luxury I don't know if I could do without. I'm sure we go out more often then we should, but what do you do. It's always nice when the kids cooperate too!