Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breaking News!!!

I finally figured out how to upload a video on to my blog! Ok so that isn't the breaking news although it is a big accomplishment. The news has to do of course with Makayla!

We have a new milestone in Ms. Makayla's life! She has conquered the task of rolling over! She can roll from her back to her tummy now! She hasn't mastered going the other way yet. For now she thinks it is fun to roll onto her tummy and then after a few minutes start to cry, because she hates her tummy. Then have mom turn her back over and do it again, let me tell you it gets pretty old having to turn her back over because she is crying! I know, I should just let her cry because then she will learn how to roll the other way, but I can only handle the crying for so long.

She first learned to do this rolling over thing on Tuesday Oct. 7th. I had to stay a few minutes later at school than I normally do, so I called the babysitter and asked if it would be alright to come and get Makayla a few minutes late. She was fine with that and told me that Makayla had a new trick to show me, and that she had learned it in the last 5 minutes or so. I knew right away that she had rolled over. I was a little sad because I had missed her rolling over for the first time, but what can you do. This is one of the downfalls to having to work while she is young, but I am trying to stay positive and tell myself it is only until the end of the school year and then I get to stay home with her! (Even if it is in IOWA!)

I decided to go quickly home and record her rolling over since it was still her first day of rolling over. She cried on the recording that I did when I got home, so we recorded her again when Caleb got home and that is one that I have included on here for all of you to enjoy!


1 comment:

Trina said...

Yea Mackayla Congratulations! That's great you got it on film. I always forget to pull out the camcorder for special events like this, way to go!