Friday, October 17, 2008

All Around Bad Day!


Well it was an all around bad day here at the Lorenc house yesterday. It should have been a great day; I had the day off of school, because it was fall break, I got to spend the whole day with Makayla, and BYU was playing what more could I ask for.

I started the day off by going and getting my eyes checked. I couldn't see out of my contacts anymore. Well the doctor told me my eyes had indeed changed. I got new contacts and headed back home that was the only good thing that happened. When I got home was when it all went down hill.

I got home and fed Makayla her usual morning cereal. About an hour after that she decided she was going to throw it all up. No it wasn't just a little spit up, she actually threw up. We decided that she may have had a touch of the flu since she had been exposed to someone who had it on Monday. We had hoped that she was going to be spared, but apparently not.

She threw up 2 other times and wouldn't really eat anything. I felt so bad for her. She wasn't feeling well, but she was surprisingly still a pretty happy baby. I spent the rest of the day trying to keep her happy without moving her around too much.

To add to the sick child we watched an awful football game, BYU vs TCU. If you didn't get to see it you didn't miss out on much. Even though we are big BYU fans I am here to say they stunk it up last night! Both Caleb and I couldn't believe how bad they looked. We hope this will be a wake up call and they will play better! We are blaming this loss on the fact that Makayla was sick and couldn't wear her BYU shirt and support them like she usually does.

Just a little update today is much better! Makayla is still a little bit tired, she didn't sleep much, but she is keeping food down so that is a good sign. I think she is over the flu. Now I just hope me and Caleb don't get it!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Sick babies is NO fun! Especially when they won't eat...and that is what seems to linger on forever!! Im glad she's doing better:)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry she was sick. It is the worst to see your kids suffer. Zach got a really bad stomach virus when he was one--he couldn't eat or keep fluids down for over a week. HAd to take him to the ER twice for IV fluids because he looked so weak and despondant. Broke my heart.

Hope she feels better and you both stay healthy!

Michelle (sorry posting under Meghan's account)

The Barbers said...

Poor baby.
(O.k., I'm reading "Meghan's" comment and wondering at first "What 12 year old talks like that?"

Amanda said...

Poor Makayla. Not a fun way to spend your day off. I'm glad things are better.

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

Hey Marci I'm so sorry your cute girl was sick. No fun. my little boy was sick this past week too. It's hard when your kids are sick huh? Much worse than if you or your hubby were sick.. I'm glad that she is feeling better and that she is a happy baby when she is sick. I'm sure it helps you cope with the idea of her being sick.

weston'smommy said...

Oh poor thing. Weston got the flu on Saturday and we are still waiting for him to feel better. Poor girl. Sick babies are no fun.