Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Vacation (Part 5-The Last) - Lagoon, The Zoo, & Cory's Birthday

Well I am finally finishing up my last post about our summer vacation. It has taken me awhile because of the passing of my Grandmother, but that is another post in and of it self to follow later.
Back to our vacation, about 4 days before Caleb was going to try to fly standby home and I was going to stay and spend more time with family, I was lying in bed and realized I had to go with him. You see we have one car and if I didn't go home with him he would have no car to get to school and back for about 2 weeks. Not a good idea. After I made that discovery we decided to make the most of our remaining days.
Last summer we really wanted to take Makayla to Lagoon, but it didn't happen. This year we made sure that it did and she had so much fun. We only bought her a pass so she had to go on all of the rides by herself and she was a champ. Nothing scared her!
Giving me the "thumbs up"!
Grandma came along with us and here she is keeping Lucy company in the stroller. Sad for her she spent a lot of time in there while we were there, but she was smiling the whole time.
Makayla riding bulgy the whale. This was one of my favorites when I was little.
This was probably one of her favorite rides.

This is the slowest ride ever! She loved it and wanted it to be her last ride, but the line was too long and since the ride is so slow we would have been there forever! Needless to say I talked her out of it.
Daddy and his girl watching the kids on the rides
We were also lucky enough to get to go to the zoo while we were there. This time they had dinosaurs set up all over the zoo. Makayla had so much fun looking for them and got so excited when we would find a new one.
Don't they look scared!
Lucy doing what she does best, riding in the stroller enjoying the sights!
Makayla and dad digging for bones and Lucy watching!
Digging some more.

I love my little family!

This elephant blew water out of his trunk and even though it was hot Makayla wasn't a very big fan of it.

Yet another dinosaur we found.

Makayla and Dad being silly.
Uncle Cory celebrated his 30th, yes he is old (hahaha), birthday while we were visiting. We all know Makayla is in love with birthdays and making cakes and all that goes with a birthday. So of course we had to make a cake. Uncle Cory got a lemon with raspberry filling baseball cake. The raspberry filling started to leak out so it turned a little bit pink, but Cory's favorite team is the Boston Red Sox so I guess it kind of worked.
He needed a little help with all those candles!
Uncle Cory and Makayla with the masterpiece
(I know the 30 is upside down, it was a long day)
We also got to spend some quality time with my grandma while we were there. Even though she wasn't her normal self we loved and cherish all the time we had with her.
The girls with Great-Grandma Marchant

And I just had to throw this one in because she is just so cute!
Well that concludes our 2011 summer trip. I know it was long, but we just had to much fun and I wanted to document it all for my sake!

No comments: