Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Vacation (Part 4) - 4th Of July & Baseball

Our trip home once again fell over the 4th of July, so we got to celebrate it at home and go our little towns parade. I seriously love this parade it is not too long and they throw candy at it! They always hold it on the Saturday before the 4th so for us the 4th of July holiday was spread out over a few days.
My girls right before the parade started in their 4th of July matching shirts! Sadly we didn't get a picture of them with their friend Taylee who also had a matching shirt.

Lucy watching the parade with Grandma in the shade. What a life!
This was probably Makayla's favorite float. It was full of princesses. She wouldn't stop waving and pointing out all of the different princesses on it.
Me and Lucy! I just love her little face in this one!
Isn't this dog so cute! It is a friend of ours and I just had to have a picture with my girls and his little hat!
The same night as the parade we went to fireworks with our friends and their kids. I of course forgot my camera but we had a blast! Makayla loved them!
On the actual 4th of July we spent the afternoon swimming at my aunt's house

Makayla and her swim gear!

She is becoming so brave! With the goggles on she wasn't afraid to keep her head in the water! I am proud of her!
After swimming we went back to my parents house and had a BBQ and did some fireworks of our own! I sure do LOVE the 4th of July holiday!

Lucy having a good old time!

Ice cream please! Makayla and a few of my cousin's kids!
Lucy with my cousin Missy! She is like a sister to me!
Makayla wasn't too sure about the whole sparkler thing. She did a couple but then decided she didn't want to do any more and she would rather watch. Maybe she will like them better next year.
Uncle Eric bought some stink bombs. This was Makayla's reaction to them!

The group getting ready to watch some fireworks!
Lucy was very much entertained by the fireworks!
What a fun filled 4th of July we had! We are so grateful to all the men and women who fight for our country's freedom!
One of the nights we were there we went to a baseball game. We took Makayla to one last year and she loved it so we decided to do it again. Last year she tried so hard to get a baseball, but didn't get one. How anyone could not give that cute face one I will never know! This year was different though, within minutes of us being there she had a baseball!
One proud daddy with his girls and Makayla's baseball! She was happy about it I promise. She just had a mouth full of seeds and didn't know what to do with them when I said smile for a picture!
She even got Bumble Bee to sign it for her! She thought she was the coolest kid ever! And well I guess she kind of is!
Once again Makayla was able to talk Uncle Cory into buying her just about anything she wanted! I guess that is what Uncles are for, right!

Makayla with Aunt BreAnn and Uncle Eric
Uncle Eric with Lucy. She had her straw so she was happy without mom for a few minutes

Grandpa and Grandma with Makayla and Lucy!
These two are two spoiled little girls, their Grandpa and Grandma love them so much!
Lucy sporting the baseball hat!
That is it for this post. I know what you are thinking, "she isn't done yet?" The answer to that is nope! Stay tuned for yet more summer fun!

1 comment: