Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011 (Part 1)!

(Disclaimer: These next few post about our summer vacation will have LOTS of pictures so beware!)
Once again for Caleb's summer break from school we took the opportunity to take a trip to Utah to visit family. We made a couple stops along the way and I will be sharing all of our fun in the next few blog posts.
Makayla was so ready to go! Look at how helpful she was packing herself!
However we couldn't leave without saying hi and goodbye, again, to our dear friends the Murzycki's!
Makayla and Cadence.
Can you tell she was excited to see her!
All these girls love each other so much.
It was so fun to see them all together again!
Not only are all the kids friends but all of us moms are friends too! I am so grateful for these girls! It was so good to see Jocelyn again, she really became one of my best friends out here. I don't think I could have made it through the first 2 years here without her.
Once we had gotten to say hi and goodbye to our long lost friends we were ready to get on our way. We decided to try driving over night, since Lucy sleeps through the night. We thought that we might have better luck with her at night than during the day.
We spent the first weekend of our trip at Caleb's dad's house. We had a lot of fun. I think Makayla had the most fun playing with her cousin every waking moment. She wanted nothing to do with me or her dad, which is a rare occurrence.
While there we were also able to see one of my old college roommates and her little girl. Her little girl and Lucy are a few months apart.
Lucy and Claire
One of the days we were there we went to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs. We have been to these places before, but I like going so we went. I feel like it is kind of a tradition to go to them now.

Our little family with Garden of the Gods in the background.
Lucy doing what she does best. Riding in the stroller. You will see a lot of these pictures from the trip. She was always so happy in them.......when I was taking a picture or we were moving!
Makayla playing peak-a-boo.
Hanging out with the cousins. They stole Makayla's heart! She loves them and can't stop talking about them. She tells everyone here at home about her cousins that she got to hang out with this summer.

Kaden and Makayla! They had a love hate relationship.
My Lucy girl!

My two favorite girls!

One more family picture.
She crashed as we got to Manitou Springs!
But woke right up when it was time for fun!
One of my favorite pictures. Notice the sign................
Uncle Travis!
Makayla picking up quarters from her Uncle. Each time they would go around he would give them quarters. Now Makayla thinks they grow on trees or something!
I had to take a picture of her on this pink elephant, because I have one of her at 9 months on the exact say one. I can't believe how much she has grown.
The trip wouldn't have been complete without ice cream.
These two are so cute!
Well that is it for this post and the part 1 of our summer vacation! Stay tuned for more to come!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Super cute! I love all the pics! Miss you guys!