Monday, June 13, 2011

Dance Recital

Makayla has been taking a dance class for the last month at our local YMCA. I signed her up because she loves to dance and be on stage and thought she would love it. I was right she did, and as a bonus she got to be in a dance recital. The teacher was so sweet to the girls and Makayla just loved her.

Here she is getting ready for the dance recital. I think she was sick of pictures by the end of the night! But I couldn't help myself she was so cute!
Here she is with her cute friend and fellow dancer!
This was her little class. They are all 3 years old and it was so fun to watch them dance, or should I say try to dance!
(I know Makayla is the only one in pink. The teacher said they could wear either black or pink it didn't matter and of course Makayla wanted pink. Had I know the others would all be in black I would have insisted on her wearing black! Oh well!)
She was seriously so cute!
Up in front of everyone getting ready to show what they could do.
Copying the teacher as best as she could! She really tried so hard and I am so proud of her!
There were two other classes at the recital so here she is with all of them and her teacher!
Her teacher gave them all a framed picture of themselves, a flower, and a cookie. Makayla was so excited.

Makayla with her teacher, Miss Kate
(I know it is a little blurry :( I don't know what happened)
I am so glad we signed her up!
Thanks Grandma Hunter for helping us to be able to pay for it all!
You know the best part of it all is the fact that she LOVED it and wants to do it again! We will see how long it lasts, after all I use to dance. Then the headaches set in :) and I was done with it and on to soccer! Whatever she wants to do I am ok with!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Cutest little dancer ever! She is just darling. I am so glad she enjoys dancing so much. I felt lucky that I was able to be there! :)