Thursday, June 2, 2011

May In A Nutshell

Well May has come and gone, and I can't say that I am not happy to see it go! Although May is when we celebrate my birthday, this year it was also the month that we celebrated the most sicknesses in our household. I tell you what if it wasn't Makayla then it was me, if it wasn't me then it was Caleb, and as the month ended Lucy got in on the sicknesses. Hence why I am able to sit here and write this blog post. My Lucy has her first cold and is miserable! I love the cuddles but hate to see her not be able to breath! Anyway here are some pictures of what we were up to in May when we did get some breaks from the sickness bug.
(I blame all this sickness crap on Iowa I just want all of you to know!)

Makayla reading to Lucy is one of my favorite things to see. She has done this since Lucy was little!
Lucy wearing her little baseball cap as we were getting ready to go play some baseball.
Playing at the park with friends! This has become one of the things I look forward to each week. Makayla loves to play in the sand and with friends and this park usually has both.
Dance class! Makayla started a ballet/jazz/tap class at the YMCA. She loves to preform and thinks this is the best thing ever! She sure is cute when she is trying to learn the steps. Sometimes I worry that she has my dance skills (which are not good) hopefully she will prove me wrong. She has a dance recital in a little over a week. More pictures to come.
Snuggling up with friends. Some afternoons when I have felt under the weather Makayla will say she wants to lay down and take a nap so we will, let me rephrase that, I will. When I wake up I will look over to see her all tucked in with her stuffed animals enjoying whatever movie we put on.
Lucy hanging out showing off her two bottom teeth. (if you can see them)
She now has 4 teeth total! She got the two bottom ones in mid-April and the two top ones this month! She is growing up so fast.

Makayla with our adopted pets, Matasha and Mark. Matasha built a nest under the bush outside our house and we spent everyday looking at her and feeding her. Makayla loved her Matasha! Well sad part to the story none of Matasha's eggs survived and she left. We thought we had seen the end of her, but not too long ago she showed up with Mark. They now hang out in front of our door on a daily basis.

Makayla's crazy long hair!

Lucy not only got two more teeth this month but she also learned to roll from her stomach to her back. It is about time! As for the other way. We are still working in it.
My sweet girls wearing matching skirts that.........I MADE!
Lucy!
Her skirt was a pain to make because it was so small.
Oh and another thing she can do is sit up on her own now.
Makayla!
Her skirt was much easier to make!
Such a cutie pie!

To end this month we had a visit from Caleb's mom. Her visit fell on her birthday so we got to make a cake for her, ok we made brownies but it still worked. Making cakes is Makayla's favorite thing to do.

The girls with Grandma Dory.
Happy Birthday!

Showing off the hard work!

1 comment:

The Michiganders said...

Lucy has grown up so much! We need to get together soon!