Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Vacation (Part 3) -Car Wash, Haircuts, & Friends

For part 3 and the remaining parts of our summer trip we were home-sweet-home!
First thing first was to wash the VERY dirty cars! Caleb was all over that job, but he didn't have to do it alone. Makayla was right there at his side helping the whole time!
Check Spelling
Aren't they so cute!
She made LOTS of bubbles! I came out to find her pouring and pouring and pouring soap in the water!

Look at how hard she was working!
Oh and take a look at her hair, because I kind of forgot to take a before picture of her hair before we cut it which is the next part of this post. It was so long, but sooooo needed to be cut since we have never cut it and we needed it to be healthy.
So without anything further here is Makayla's first hair cut.
(sorry lots of pictures, it was a special occasion for us)

Getting her hair washed

Sitting in the chair ready to start. She decided about 3 days before we did it that it was ok to cut it. Up until then she was not game for us to cut her hair at all.
Cousin Brooke getting read to make the cuts. She did an awesome job.
Look at that grin she was so excited at this point, and I was in tears!
Just another cute shot

The finished product! Isn't she beautiful!
It use to be down to her waist. I was looking at her today and I kind of miss it. I know it is silly, but I do! Good thing it can grow again. She however keeps telling me she wants it cut again. Silly girl!
First haircut June 27, 2011
I got my hair cut and colored that day too. So here we are with our new haircuts!
Another thing we loved about being home was being able to spend more time with these guys!
Makayla, Kyson, and Taylee
We LOVE this family and enjoy being with them when we are home. We also got to meet their newest little sister, sadly I don't have a picture of her, but she is so cute! I can't wait to be able to see them everyday!
Just my cute Lucy!

Getting ready to run through the fountains.

Makayla wasn't quite sure of it at first. Thanks Kyson for showing her how it was done!
They are a match made in Heaven! We miss you guys so much!
Well I think that is enough for this post. Again stay tuned for more of our summer fun!

3 comments:

The Michiganders said...

It looks like youhad a great summer vacation. I love seeing all of the pictures!

The haircuts look great! We miss you. Lucy has grown so much!

Brooke said...

I look so hott in all of these pics! Maybe I should have done my hair! You guys look cute though! lv ya! miss ya!

The Zyckis said...

Wow!!! I can't believe you cut her hair! LOL Did you at least donate it?? She looks gorgeous and I can't get over how big little Lucy is. You're looking awesome, Marci!! You're one hot mama.