Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dedicated To Grandma

GRANDMA......
I am writing this post as a dedication to my Grandma who passed away Friday August 5 at the age of 83. My grandma was one of the greatest examples of love. The most important thing to her in life was her family. She loved us so much and showed it every chance she got. My grandpa was her everything and she just hasn't been the same without him. I know it was because she missed him so much. She had 5 children and dedicated her life to raising them to be good people.
She was always so proud of us when we did anything whether it was big or small. She had a way of making even our small accomplishments seem huge.
Here I am with her at my graduation from BYU. She wouldn't have missed it for anything. I love that she loved to be there when we accomplished things. I will miss her wanting to come to everything. Even just to see a new house or apartment that we had moved into and decorated.
My Grandma loved the Lord and the gospel and was an example of it. She made me want to try harder everyday to be a better person so I would have the opportunity to be with my family forever just like her. One of the things I will remember about her is how she loved to buy us little things. I remember countless times she would let me go to the dollar store and pick out little presents. She will also always be the gummy bear grandma to me. I think that is why I have such a love for them. She ALWAYS had them in her cupboard growing up.
Another thing I love about my Grandma was how much she adored my girls. She was always talking about them and how beautiful and smart they were. It gives me confidence that I am doing an ok job raising them. Makayla loved Great-Grandma too. On this last trip home this summer she was always asking to go and see her when my mom would go up to visit. My mom took her with her countless times and Makayla loved it. Great-Grandma and Makayla became buddies and loved to share Swedish fishes. I am so glad that Makayla got to spend some time with her and see why I loved her so much and why I will miss her dearly.
4 generation picture taken at Eric's wedding.
Grandma was an incredible lady. Her testimony was unshakable and she will forever be an example to me. Things will definitely be different with her gone, but I know she is in a better place with her eternal companion. I am grateful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation and the fact that I will see her and Grandpa again.
LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!!!

No comments: