Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My "NEW" Hobby

I have been wanting to learn to sew for a very long time and being around so many people that are making cute things for their little girls has made me want to even more!

So a friend of mine who loves to sew and is good at it has offered to help me learn. We have many things planned for me to make like an apron for Makayla, Pajamas for all of us, a skirt for Makayla, maybe a dress for her, and who knows what else. I will keep making stuff as long as she is willing to teach me!


We started out with me making an apron for Makayla. They have one at the gym child watch that Makayla goes to and she loves to wear it.

It turned out so cute if I don't say so myself!

And yes I did most of it. Rychelle had to show me what to do and help me a little bit, but I did do most of it and I think it is pretty cute. Makayla loves it and that makes me so happy!


We made it so that it would be reversible. Rychelle's idea of course!

I love the patterns so much!


Here is Makayla modeling it for the camera. It goes so well with her kitchen she got for Christmas.




5 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Oh my she looks adorable! Way to make the most of January! I need to learn a few lessons from you. I am just moping around hating winter!

Trina said...

That is so awesome! Sewing is on my list of things I'd like to learn someday. I even bought a sewing machine, but I haven't honestly done a lot with it. Your apron looks awesome!

The Lorenc Family said...

So cute, Marci! You are inspiring!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Once you learn all this cool stuff then you can teach men okay?

Brooke said...

Cute! I wanna learn! I love them!