Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Friends, New Year's, & Christmas #2

This is the last post about our holiday adventures in Utah, I promise!!!
While in Utah we got to see some of our friends. I didn't take pictures when we hung out with them so sorry I don't have any to post, but I did take a picture of Makayla hanging out with her friends! Makayla loves these two. She can often be found talking to them as if they are right there with her. They are some cute kids and we love their parents! They are great friends to us as well!
Makayla, Kyson, & Taylee
Kyson was being crazy and wouldn't stop being silly. He got the girls to copy him and raise their arms in the air. We already miss you guys!
Also while still in Utah we rang in 2010! We had a lot of fun eating food (lots of food), playing games, and playing the Wii.
I just thought these pictures were funny! She was trying so hard to get that cheese to come out. When she couldn't get any this is the face we got as well as "HELP ME!"
(We are working on the please in that sentence!)
We didn't want to keep Makayla up until 12 AM So we celebrated the new year early for her. Great-Grandma Marchant brought down a hat and noise maker for Makayla to wear. We put them on her and told her it was the new year! We also shot off little poppers for her, she thought they were a little loud.
Trying to figure this thing out!
Happy New Year!!!
What is with this face lately!
(see previous posts)
Side note: When 12:00 AM hit Makayla was wide awake! I swear she knew it was time and she didn't want to miss out. So what did we do? We let her join us for a little celebrating.
We left New Year's day to go back home and didn't arrive until the next morning technically. We were kind of excited to get back home so that we could celebrate Christmas again and give Makayla her other presents. It was awesome! It was just like Chirstmas morning all over again.
She was a little upset that there were wrapped presents in front of her new Kitchen!!
But she still had fun opening them!
Check out the cradle Caleb made for her! He made the pattern for it, cut it out, and stained it! I think it looks pretty darn good! She is one lucky girl.
Thus concludes the recap of our holiday season. Now back to the old grind of everyday life in the freezing cold!!!

2 comments:

The Lorenc Family said...

LOVE the kitchen! I bet she was so excited! And I know you were! Good job, Marci! Love the new face, too! I hope you don't EVER feel bad posting, you couldn't do too much! Who can get enough of Makayla and your fam? Not me! That cradle is beautiful! Seriously! Makayla will never forget those kinds of things. You guys are awesome.

Brooke said...

Fun! I love the Kitchen stuff it makes me jealous! I want to come and play with her....fake food and stuff it's the best!

We miss you! And i am so broke or I would already have flown to see you!