Monday, September 14, 2009

Back in Utah

So yes we have been back in Utah for the last little while. I only spent a month in Iowa before I left and came home for a visit. We came home to see my brother who returned home from his two year mission. It has been great to be home with him and have him getting acquainted with Makayla. I haven't been good at taking pictures while we have been here, but we have sure had a good time hanging out with family and friends. I will sure miss it when I go back to Iowa. The one thing missing here is Caleb. He could only stay for the weekend and then he had to get back to school. We have been apart for almost 5 weeks now and boy is that a lot longer than I thought it would be. Thank heavens for a webcam, because of it we get to see him each night. I have decided that no matter how much I want to be "home" here in Utah it just isn't "home" with out him. Home is where ever we are together. He is a great husband and I miss him dearly and can't wait to see him this Friday!
Anyway I have taken a few pictures of Makayla and have decided to post them because they are just so fun, and this way Caleb can see some recent pictures of her.
Makayla being in control of the remotes.
Here she is playing with her favorite thing these days a baby doll.
One of my most favorite things that my dad makes is his fresh salsa. He makes it each year at this time. I was so excited that I would be here during the usual time. We have made 2 batches since we have been here and it is so good! I took a picture of the finished product with of course Makayla in it.

Another thing that I love to make is chocolate chip cookies, but only with certain chocolate chips. They are the brand "Guittard" I have only found them at Dick's Market and they are the best. They make them taste so good! I also have to make them with my sister-in-law, Jerilyn. If not they just don't turn out the same! Thanks Jerilyn for humoring me this weekend and making them with me. Makayla enjoyed them too, just look at her face!

No comments: