Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

I am so glad that I married a man that enjoys doing things like dying Easter eggs, carving pumpkins, and making gingerbread houses! A few days before Christmas, when I was finally done with school we got together with some friends and made some gingerbread houses. It was a lot of fun. Although it was Caleb's idea I did most of the decorating. He put the house together and then he let me do the rest. It was a lot of fun and I have to say I think I did a really good job!
Here are all three of the finished products. As you can tell some of us cared about what the houses looked like and some of us didn't! Ours is the middle one!

It was a pretty interesting job trying to make a gingerbread house and entertain a little child. All she wanted to do was eat the house! As you can see dad finally gave in and let her have a little taste. Don't worry I didn't let her destroy my master piece.

3 comments:

Trina said...

I love the house. You did such a great job! Fun traditions. I loved Mackayla in the snow too! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Kate said...

Hey Friend!! I LOVE your blog! Trina just showed it to me... I'm addicted to blogging because it helps me stay in contact with everyone! I'm sorry I haven't gotten to you about getting together... it's been a busy holiday! But let's play soon! That girl of yours is SO adorable! I'm so happy for your little family!

Love,
Katie

The Lorenc Family said...

Thanks to Dory for the passion of gingerbread-house-making! The Lorenc boys here do it, too! Your house is so cute! I have always wanted to decorate my very own house, still an unrealized dream. Maybe when the kids are all gone, Brady will still do it with me? :)