Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

I know I am little late posting about Christmas, but we were gone after Christmas and I haven't had time to post about it until now. This post is kind of long, sorry. Christmas was a lot of fun this year, especially because we had Makayla to share it with us. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. We had a scrumptious dinner with ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, and much more. Thanks mom for a great dinner! Makayla had her first taste of her dad's favorite thing in the world, mashed potatoes! We think she liked them, but we know she loved to play with them! After dinner we played the traditional candy bar game. I ended up with the biggest stash at the end of the game. We also played chicken foot. It started to get late and we decided we needed to get Makayla home and into bed. Before we left Grandma Hunter gave Makayla a new pair of pajamas to wear for Christmas Eve!

Makayla and her mashed potatoes!

Grandma Hunter and Makayla in her Christmas Eve P.J.'s
This year we spent Christmas morning at our own place with just our little family. We got up gave Makayla her bottle and then ventured into the living room to open presents. Everyone kept telling me it won't be much fun this year because she won't really know what to do. I beg to differ! We had such a blast helping Makayla open her presents and try different things on.
Here she is with her winter hat she got. We tried it on her and she immediately wanted it off! She got some fun things, but probably her favorite thing was her first doll. We didn't get a picture of it, we only got a video of her opening it. She is so funny when she sees that thing. Her face lights up and she reaches for it and starts her babbling. Also I have taught her how to give kisses, they may be open mouth ones, but they are kisses all the same. When we tell her to give her dolly a kiss she grabs it and puts her whole mouth over the dolls entire face! It is so cute!
This year I made Caleb and Makayla their very own blankets! Now before any of you freak out thinking I sewed something, I didn't I made them their very own fleece blanket, which isn't very hard to do. Since Caleb likes baseball I made him one with baseballs on it and Makayla's has lady bugs on it to keep with her bedroom theme.

I also gave Caleb one of the funniest presents ever! See for yourself.....

If you can't read it here is a close up.

He is such a good sport and even wore the shirt all day long!

After opening presents at home we went to my parent's house again to have breakfast and talk to my brother who is on his mission in Ohio! It was great to talk to him again, but it made me miss him so much more. I can't wait for him to be home! We were talking about Makayla and he kept saying she doesn't exists, because he hasn't seen her yet. He said she isn't real until I see her. It will be a huge shock when he sees her for the first time because she will be 18 months old!!! We had a great Christmas this year and are grateful for all we have, our families, and especially for the Savior!

As Makayla's shirt says our best Christmas present this year was her!! We are so grateful she is in our family and look forward to many more Christmas with her!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ahh! She's so cute! And getting big! Taylin wants to play with her! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! It's much better with kids-no matter how young they are!