Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grandpa Remembered

GRANDPA!!!!

This post is dedicated to my Grandpa who passed away Friday Jan 9th at the age of 83. My Grandpa was a great man who did a lot of great things in his life, most of which he did before I was even born. One thing was he was a great teacher and principle and left his mark on so many people. I like to think that I followed in his footsteps, well his and my mom's, when I became a teacher myself.
Me and my Grandpa at my graduation from BYU. He was always so supportive when it came to things like this.
I remember him as a loving man who cared so much for his family and always put them first. Here he is with his eternal companion, my Grandma.
He loved the gospel and was a shinning example of how we should live. He was easy to talk to and always knew the right things to say. He could make you laugh and teach you important lessons at the same time. Some of my fondest memories of him are of me and my cousins sleeping at his house, playing games, and eat his homemade bread and cookies.
One thing I am so glad I got to share with my Grandpa before he passed away was my beautiful daughter Makayla. He loved her so much. Sometimes when we needed to distract him we would ask him if he wanted to hold her and he would say sure and sit and just cuddle and love her. I am so glad he got to meet her.
Here he is holding her when she was born.

He was a great man and I love him so much and am so thankful for the plan of salvation and the fact that I can see him again. I will and already do miss him so much, but know he is in a better place and I wouldn't wish it any different!

I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!!

2 comments:

Pari said...

All my condolences, girl.

Kate said...

Marci! I know this is late, but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you! I hope you're doing well, and I'm sorry about your grandpa! I know how much he meant to you.