Friday, March 11, 2011

Utah WITH Daddy

After 3 1/2 long weeks apart Caleb came back to Utah to spend his week break between trimesters. May I add here that we are officially half way done with school!!
YES!!!!!!
Way to go Caleb!
Anyway....when Caleb got back to Utah we all went to Rodizios to celebrate all the February birthdays. Makayla wore her Brazilian soccer jersey to the restaurant and she fit right in. She got it from my brothers for Christmas and it is really from Brazil. They bought it when they went there this fall for a trip.
My little soccer player!

Daddy with his girls. Oh how he missed them and they missed him.
Another thing Caleb did a lot while in Utah was play the Wii. He got the World Cup soccer game for Christmas and I think he took every opportunity to play it with anyone who asked him to play it. To be honest I was a little, ok a lot, sick of it by the time we left. He even played it while hanging out with his girls.
We also took an opportunity to go to BYU and show Makayla where her mommy went to school. She gets to see where daddy goes to school all the time, and since we were going down there to visit friends we thought it would be fun to go to campus and look around.
Future Cougar!!!
Kangaroo Zoo!!!
One of the days we were there we got together with the Kovac's and took the kids to play at a place that is full of blow up toys. They loved it and could have stayed there all day, but sadly the dads got a little worn out and we had to leave!
Lucy with her daddy!
These three are so cute together. They have so much fun when they play. We miss them so much already!
These two are about 1 1/2 months apart.

We had to have one last birthday celebration before we left Utah and who better to have it for than the one who loves to celebrate them. Makayla will be turning three at the end of this month and since we don't get to celebrate it with family we decided it couldn't hurt to have an early birthday part for her.
It was very spur of the moment, but thanks to all the family and friends that came to celebrate with us.
She was a little afraid to get to close to the fire. It took her a few tries to get them all out.
The cutest kids ever!
Makayla and her buddies Kaden, Taylee, and Kyson
Opening presents! She is one lucky girl, and keeps talking about her Utah party.
My dad got a fire pit for Christmas and we thought it would be fun to try it out for Makayla's party. She wasn't a fan of the smoke, but she had so much fun.
I had to throw this picture in, notice the size of the roasting stick my mom is using compared to the other ones. She insisted that they were plenty long enough for the kids to use! Yah right!Thank goodness my aunt and uncle let us use their roasting sticks so no one got hurt! Love ya mom!
Roasting the mallows!
Still roasting away.
Daddy's turn
Grandpa was in charge of watching the fire so no one got hurt. He did a pretty good job I would have to say. Thanks dad for letting us break in your fire pit.
Enjoying a yummy smore!
(She was done with it right after I took this picture. I guess she is not a huge fan!)
We had a great day and she still talks about it and can't wait for her birthday here. I guess I better make sure I get on that and get one planned or I will be in a lot of trouble.
Well again that is just some of what we did while Caleb was with us in Utah. Again I didn't get pictures of everything we did, but this is a good representation of it.
This last picture is of the girls in our hotel in Dallas, Texas. Yes you read that right and no it was not a planned trip! Took make a long story short after boarding our connection flight in Dallas we were told we had to deplane because our captain had called in sick. Then we were told our flight was cancelled and that there were no more flights to our destination until Wednesday, it was Sunday mind you. Instead we got a flight the next day to a place 70 miles away from home and with much effort and pressure that night and the next day we were also provided with transportation from there home, something I am told they never do. That is the short version of what happened. If you want the full story and ALL the things that went wrong just ask, but I am warning you it is a long story!
Since we had to spend the night they put us up at a very nice hotel. This was Lucy's first time in a hotel, and I think she liked it! All I can say is this was very inconvenient with a 3 year old and 4 month old, but we tried to make the best of it. I sure hope the email I am going to write will get me some compensation from them!
We had such a great time in Utah and can't wait to go back in the Summer! Thanks mom and dad for letting us stay at your house for so long! The girls and I already miss you guys more than you even know!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast in UT! I'm glad you finally got to have your man with you. I love all your posts and the wedding photos are beautiful. Your girls are so adorable!

Unknown said...

Goodness what a blast! I am a little jealous! We love kangaroo zoo too! And rodizios! Glad your back to endur our last 15 months!!!