Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lucy's Blessing Day February 27th

One of the greatest days we had while in Utah was the day we blessed Lucy. I had wanted to bless her while there with family so we waited until Caleb came back for his week break to do it. She was almost 4 months old before we got her blessed. My mom kept joking that she was going to be walking and talking before we did it. Makayla was 3 months when we blessed her so it only seemed right that Lucy be older as well!

Her Blessing was beautiful and her Daddy did an amazing job. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man and Lucy and Makayla are so lucky to have him as there father. I was amazed at how quiet she was during the actual blessing. Lucy is definitely a fussy baby and so I thought for sure she was going to cry through the entire thing, but again just like with Makayla I was pleasantly surprised. As they took her in their arms she went completely silent and they said she just stared at her Daddy the whole time he spoke. She looked beautiful in the same blessing dress that Makayla wore that Great-Grandma Marchant had bought. Also with the beautiful bow that Grandma Hunter bought. Here are some pictures of her from her special day.
Isn't she just so precious!

I love this one! She just kept smiling these huge smiles with her mouth wide open and every shot I got had her mouth wide open or her tongue hanging out!
So happy!
Love her!
She also loved to suck on her dress. I guess it tasted pretty good! It was hard to keep it out of her mouth!
Daddy and Mommy with sweet little Lucy!
Before Church. Lucy wasn't too happy to have her picture taken, but Makayla sure wanted it. She loves her little sister so much! I can't believe it was almost 3 years ago that we blessed Makayla! Look at how big she is!
The proud Daddy!
The proud Mommy!
Grandma Hunter with Lucy
Lucy and Grandpa Hunter
Uncle Cory and Lucy!

Aunt BreAnn and Uncle Eric with Lucy
(Don't they look so natural with a little one! J/K . I think after having my two kids around for as long as we were they will be waiting awhile to have kids! haha!)

My wonderful little family! I don't know what I would do without you!
One more of my two beautiful girls! I love them so much and am so grateful everyday that they are mine! I am truly blessed!
Thanks to all who came to support us on this special day! I am sad I didn't get more pictures of everyone that came. It meant so much to us to have family and friends there to support us.
Well that will do it for the Utah posts. I think I am caught up, and I will try to stay on top of things now that I am home. Can't promise anything but I will try!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous baby girl! And look how happy you look there in Bountiful lol!!!

JCLS said...

So cute! We are waiting until this summer to bless Sterling....so he will be almost 5 months....we definitely want family to be included...I don't think we are crazy!

The Barbers said...

LOVE that very first picture of her. She IS precious!

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

Cute cute!