Sunday, September 28, 2008

Makayla Has Finally Moved Out!

We have finally done it! We have put Makayla in her own room! I know, I know, we should have done it much sooner than now, but it was just so EASY to have her right next to me!
Everyone, my mom!!, kept telling us that it was time to put her in her own room, but I just didn't want to listen. It wasn't that I was scared to have her in her own room or anything like that. It was just that now if she cries, instead of rolling over and putting her binky in her mouth I have to get out of bed and walk to her room to do it. I know I am lazy, but what can I say. All I know is that Caleb will be helping more now that she is in her own room. (yes he is willing to do this)
After all she is 6 months old and Both Caleb and I have been saying for awhile now that since she has such a cute room, thanks to his family chipping in to buy the matching accessories for it, she probably should put it to good use!
(Isn't it so fun)
So last night was the first night that she slept in that cute little room all by herself. She did great! I may not have slept as well as I wanted to, I was a little worried I wouldn't hear her cry, but we made it through. Caleb got up once when she was coughing so bad. He thought it had woken her up, so he was ready to put the binky back in her mouth, but he didn't even have to go in her room she went back to sleep on her own. Dang cough that she has won't go away! (the doctor said she was fine and we see him again tomorrow, so yes I have had it checked out)

Here she is in her crib, in her own room!!

Hopefully she will do as good as last night every night! I know there will be times that I will have to get up, but if most nights are like last night I think I can do it! She is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

The Lorenc Family said...

Oh, way to tough ti out Marci! That had to be hard! You at ;east lasted longer than me. I gave in at 3 months old. But now that I look back on it, I wish I would have waited as long as you. They grow up sooo fast, and your first one is so fun.

Krystal said...

You finally did it WAHOO!

The Barbers said...

I know what you mean about it being easier if they are closer to ya. But my kids were such noisy sleepers that I would wake up at evey little sound, so as soon as they were at the point of only waking when they wanted to eat, they were out of our room!!!

Holly said...

Its about time! Haha! Taylin was out of our room the night she was blessed and we ALL sleep much better!! Congrats on the big move!