Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter weekend sure was nice this year, and not just because it was the first weekend in over 6 of them that Caleb was actually home with us! We started the weekend off with a good old fashion Easter egg hunt with some of our dear friends that we will miss when we leave in 2 months!
Group shot!
Boy is it hard to get a bunch of kids to sit still and smile!
Lucy sure had a lot of fun finding the eggs and carrying around the basket.
Makayla is an old pro at finding the eggs!
The next day we took a long over due trip to Navuoo to go to the Temple. What a great way to celebrate Easter. (Didn't get any pictures of that, since it was kind of cold outside and all)

On Sunday we dyed some Easter eggs. Makayla LOVES this part of Easter and was begging to do it since we got the egg dying kit. We did most of it while Lucy slept which was a good thing since all she wanted to do was play in the different colors. We did get a couple of pictures of her helping when she woke up.

Makayla getting ready to color an egg.
The finished eggs!
We also went to Church on Sunday and got to celebrate what we believe is the true meaning of Easter. I am so glad I have the knowledge that I do about the Savior and his resurrection. I am thankful for his atonement and the fact that I can be forgiven and will be able to one day return to my Heavenly Father.
We ended the day with having a fabulous ham dinner with some of our friends here in Iowa. I am so thankful for them. They have made these 3 years that we have been away from family a lot better. They have become just like our family and I will miss them dearly! (I keep saying that I know but I really will!)
Oh of course I took some pictures of the girls in there new Easter dresses thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Hunter! They looked so cute in them!
Lucy's pose!
Makayla's turn.
My two sweet girls! Don't they look so cute! I love having them match!
I love them so much and love how much they love each other!
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Sounds like you guys have been super busy having lots of fun! Your girls are so cute! Happy Birthday Makayla!

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

Darling Girls!