Friday, November 11, 2011

Lucy's 1st Birthday Party

SHE'S ONE!!!!!
My baby had her first birthday November 2nd and of course we had to celebrate! I know I am a week late getting this up, but at least it is up!
When she woke up we let her open a couple of presents before daddy had to go to school.
She would tear off a little bit at a time and hand it to me. It took forever for her to open them, but she was so cute!
While she took her morning nap Makayla, my mom (we were so lucky to get to have her here for Lucy's birthday!), and I frosted Lucy's cake and cupcakes.
Our "little pumpkin's" pumpkin cake.
For Makayla's 1st birthday I made a ladybug cake that was red and black and she would have nothing to do with it, so I decided to do one that had brighter colors to see if it would make a difference with Lucy. Also her birthday is in the fall and pumpkins are all over the place right now!
The pumpkin cupcakes for our guests. I thought these turned out cute too. Orange frosting with a tootsie roll as the stem. So fun and it went with the pumpkin theme perfectly!
Lucy with Grandma! Again we can't say how excited and happy we were to have her here with us for Lucy's birthday! I missed not having my whole family around to celebrate such an important day, but there is always next year!
Daddy with the birthday girl!
We didn't have a big enough house to have all of our friends come over to celebrate, so we took the party to Chuck E. Cheese. You get in for free, you can bring your own cake, and tokens aren't really that expensive. Thanks to my mom we were able to give each of the kids at least a few tokens to play with. I didn't know if Lucy would like it as much as the older kids like Makayla would, but she LOVED it and I am so glad we did it!
Driving the fire truck. She loved to push the button and watch the water spray on the screen.
Riding the big horse. She thought she was so cool, which she is!
Riding the clock ride. I didn't know if she would like being buckled in, but she did ok. I think she was confused by all of it to tell you the truth.
Driving with Chucky! Look at the happy face. Priceless!
Watching her daddy play a game. I think this is when her obsession with the coin and cup started. After this game she wouldn't let go of those two things and she screamed if we tried to take them from her.
I had to add some of Makayla. Here she is with one of her BFF's Joy! This was the last time they would get to hang out. Joy moved away and Makayla has been super sad! They were so cute riding this ride. I think this might have been one of Makayla's favorite rides. I always seemed to find her here.
They made room for one more! Makayla, Joy , and Taylor
I really wanted to get a picture of the kids all born about the same time as Lucy, but try as I might I was not successful. This is the closest thing I got.
Brinley (1 month older), Lucy (birthday girl), Dylan (1 month younger), and Emily (1 1/2 months older)
I tried again! This time I got the girls.
Emily, Lucy, & Brinley
Yet another try.
This time Brinley, Lucy, and Dylan
Cake time! Notice the cup in hand. She would not hand that thing over for anything. She loved everyone singing to her!
Blowing the candle out.
I was trying to help her, but she just wasn't interested.
I really want one of my kids to just dig into their birthday cake, but I guess Lucy isn't that child. Too much like her older sister I guess! Just look at that face! At least the older kids enjoyed the cupcakes!
After cake we opened a few presents and this one was by far her favorite. Lucy loves babies! In the picture she is giving her kisses. She is always trying to steal Makayla's baby dolls so for her birthday Makayla wanted to give her, her very own baby doll. She carries that thing around EVERYWHERE! It is so stinkin cute!
One more picture of the birthday girl. Again notice that cup and coin! OBSESSED!
We had a really fun birthday party and finished off the night with a trip to Red Robin, because Lucy loves french fries! They even sang to her and she loved it! Again thanks to everyone who came and shared this special day with us!

2 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lucy! I can't believe that she is already one.

I am so grateful that you came and shared her with us last Thanksgiving. That was such a treat!

We miss you guys!

Cindy said...

I must say....your children are beautiful....there is a good mix of both of you in them. Whenever I see them, they make me smile!!! very cute!