Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween came and went around here and boy did we have some fun! We started it off this year with the Palmer Trick-or-Treat that I posted about earlier in the month. Our next adventure was to trick-or-treat at the radio station. This was our 3rd year doing it and sadly for the last two years I have forgotten my camera. Oh well it was still a blast! This is one tradition I will miss next year! Next up on our activities was the ward trunk-or-treat the Friday before Halloween, and yes I forgot to take pictures there too, but we did have a lot of fun!
Finally it was Halloween night and time for the real trick-or-treating. Our town is a little weird and they do trick-or-treating the day before and since that fell on Sunday we decided to go with some friends who live in the next town over and they trick-or-treat on the 31st. We had a lot of fun! I am sure going to miss these friends we have here!

Makayla my cowgirl!

Lucy my Ladybug!
(I think I have the cutest girls! I am just saying!)
Some of the group waiting to go.
We were lucky enough to get to have Grandma here for Halloween! We love it when she comes to play with us!
Makayla and her gal-pal JayLene
I love this picture! Just look closely at this little kids and you can't help but smile!
(Sam, JayLene, & Makayla)
Lucy enjoyed herself as well. At one point she wouldn't let go of her bag or candy she was holding! It was pretty funny!
Family picture Halloween 2011
One more this time with Grandma!
Some super cute kids!
Cooper, Carson, Canyen, Sam, Makayla, and JayLene
After trick-or-treating we went downtown to a Halloween parade. Yes I said a Halloween parade. Honestly who has them, all I know is that we do! We went two years ago and had fun, so we decided to go one last time.
Watching the parade and getting lots of candy! Funny note about the parade: at the end they probably 200 or more people walking like "the walking dead" and they were trying to scare people, not my favorite thing for them to do to my 3 and 1 year old, but....My husband being as cute as he is told Makayla to growl back at them trying to make it so she didn't get scared. It totally worked and well I went to get Lucy from him and what did she do to me as soon as I picked her up....she growled at me! I couldn't stop laughing!
Of course of Halloween activities couldn't be complete without pumpkin carving.
Makayla and daddy carving Makayla's Cat. She actually helped him quite a bit and was so proud of herself.
She still isn't a huge fan of the insides! She only did it so I could get a picture and then her hand was quickly out!
Lucy was having lots of fun watching everything!
One of Caleb's masterpieces. Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc.
(this was like a week after he carved it, so it was starting to go bad!)
His second masterpiece! Scar from Lion King. He is really talented, this is all free handed. He amazes me all the time.
All three of our pumpkins.
Caleb's, Marci's, and Makayla's
Cutest girls ever!
We hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!
Can't wait until next year!

No comments: