Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Carnival, 1st Movie, & Boat Races!!!!

Our next round of fun started with a carnival at my grandma's apartment. It was a lot of fun! They had little games to play for prizes, cotton candy (my favorite), food, western pictures, bounce house, pony rides, and a mechanical bull. Needless to say it was a lot of fun and Makayla loved it!
Eric wanted to ride the bull so bad, even though the only people in line for it were little kids. He got his dream and got to ride it!
Makayla saw her Uncle ride it wanted to try herself. I thought she would just be happy with sitting on the bull so we put her up there and took a picture of it and I thought we were good. Boy was I wrong!
As soon as we took her off she freaked out and said she wanted it to move. So we asked if we could put her on and have it go very slow. They were good with it and she loved it!
Daddy giving her some words of encouragement before her big ride!
Look at the face she loved it! I have a dare devil on my hands!
Bounce house, what kid doesn't like the bounce house? Well mine doesn't when there are other kids in there. She only got to go in for a few min. because then it was over taken with big kids and she had a melt down!
Last of all was the pony ride. She rode the pony a few times and loved it each time! She is getting so big. Sometimes she wanted us to walk with her other times she did not.


While in Utah we took Makayla to her first movie. She loves the Toy Story movies so we thought it would be perfect to take her to Toy Story 3 for her first movie. She enjoyed it, but I think she would have done better if there weren't so many previews! I think that for matinee kids movies there should not be previews, but hey who am I! I think she enjoyed her treats a little bit more than the movie, but oh well it was a lot of fun.

Enjoying her snacks!
The last thing for this post is the Rain-Gutter Regatta we went to. My parents ward had an activity with dinner and boat racing. It was a lot of fun, but I think the most fun was watching Grandpa paint and put together our boat with Makayla's help. They make a great team!
Makayla and the finished product. She was so proud of our Elmo boat.
(Daddy drew the Elmo on it)
To race the boats you had to blow them down the rain-gutter. It was fun to watch everyone compete. Makayla got to help both Grandpa and Daddy race the boats. She won once, but then the sail got wet and that was end of it, but she still loved every second of it!
Helping Grandpa race the boat!
Helping Daddy race this time.
Still more to come on our trip to Utah! Sorry if you are board with all of these posts, but it is a great way for me to document all of the things we got to do!

3 comments:

Hip Heiner Fun said...

Keep the fun stories coming. It is fun to read about your fun adventures. All of them!

Tiffany said...

So Fun! I want to ride the Bull! Lol. What a fun activity. Thanks for sharing your adventures! They are giving me some good ideas for next year. :)

Barnes Blog said...

So ute and so fun.
How's the pregnancy going?