Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

What a full Thanksgiving week we had!! It all started with Caleb's 28th birthday. Since he had a test the next day we didn't do much celebrating on his actual birthday, but we did find time to open a few presents and enjoy some "birthday" cake!
Enjoying his presents!
We didn't have a traditional birthday cake this time. Since we never eat them all I decided to something different. We really like Papa Murphy's cinnamon wheel, so that is what Caleb got for his birthday cake. Might I add it was delicious!!!
Caleb's birthday wasn't the only thing happening this week as we all know, it was also THANKSGIVING!!! This is my all time favorite holiday, although Christmas come in as a close second. I really like this holiday because it was always a time for ALL of my family to get together. This year was different instead of having Thanksgiving with my side of the family we got to celebrate it with some of Caleb's side of the family. We drove to Missouri where Caleb's mom and two of his brothers live. His sister also came from Kansas. We had lots of fun hanging out and especially playing games!!!
The girls enjoying a break from the dishes on Thanksgiving.
The boys taking care of business, the dishes. Aren't they the best!
One of the greatest things about being in Missouri for Thanksgiving was the fact that Makayla got to get to know some of her cousins better. She was in heaven being able to run around with 9 of her cousins! They were so cute with her and by the time we left she was asking for all of them by name!
Makayla and Savana
These two are the closest in age of all of the cousins there. They didn't really start to interact until the last day, but when they did it was so cute!
Makayla really took to her cousin Amber. She wanted to play with her all the time. Amber was so good to humor her and took really good care of her!
Makayla and Ben!
I didn't take this picture but was happy to see it on my camera. Look at how nice they are playing. (Notice the BYU shirt Makayla is wearing. Even though we weren't in Utah for the game we still showed our team spirit, and it must have worked because they won!!! Go Cougars!)
Makayla was so tired one night she fell sound asleep on Aunt Cami as she read to her. Everyday she would ask if she was going to see Cami that day.
Makayla and her daddy ridding in Uncle Quinn's dune buggy.
Climbing a tree with daddy is so much fun!
While there we also had the opportunity to go and shoot REAL guns. I wasn't too sure I was going to like it, I am not a fan of guns at all. Caleb really wanted me to go and try it, so I did.
I wasn't very good with this one, I guess I will never be as good as Detective Oliva Bensen, rats! I did better with the bigger one which was a 22 riffle. I am still not a big fan of the whole idea of guns.
My handsome husband! He was a natural, and might I add very hot!
Makayla enjoyed her self as well. Everyone thought she wouldn't like all the noise, but she didn't seem to mind it at all.
I know you thought we were done with Caleb's birthday, but my wonderful sister-in-laws put together a birthday dinner for Caleb while we were there. It really meant a lot to Caleb, since he doesn't get these all the time. Thanks so much Yvonne and Jamie!!!
We had a great Thanksgiving and we are so thankful for all that we are blessed with in our life. We are especially thankful for our families and all they do for us!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
(Sorry there are a lot of pictures on this one, I just couldn't leave any out!)

3 comments:

Trina said...

Wow, looks like you had quite the adventure. I'm glad Thanksgiving was great and it was fun seeing a picture of you shooting. :)

Holly said...

I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving! When are you heading to Utah? I can't wait to get to Utah for Christmas!!

Cami and Wes said...

awe, so sweet! I love the pic with her and G-ma Dory plugging their ears. Funny stuff. I need to send you the pictures I took of her too.