Monday, August 11, 2008

Mixed Emotions

As this week starts I have mixed feelings. First I am very excited because we are taking Makayla on her first camping trip. We are leaving tomorrow to go to the Uintas with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my Aunt Sue's family. We are very excited to get away for a little bit, but the sad part comes when we get back. Exactly one week from today I have to go back to school! This means that my summer is officially over in one week. It has definitely been way too short! This year it is even harder for me to get excited to go back to school, because that means I have to leave Makayla with a babysitter. We have found a lady that we think will do a great job, but it will still be very hard to leave my little girl. I have come to love spending everyday with her. She is getting so big and changing so much I don't want to miss anything. I keep reminding myself it is only for one more year, then I plan to stay home with her while we live in Iowa.
Since I am talking about Makayla I will post some cute pictures that I took of her recently. These were taken just after she turned 4 months old. I just love her in this little orange dress,
I bought it in St. George. I didn't know she had spit up on her dress or else these would be perfect pictures of her. I hope you enjoy!


She is so Adorable!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I think...you should keep the girl:) She's getting big! And we need to play, did you know?

The Barbers said...

I love this color on her!

The Michiganders said...

Caleb and Marci- she is an absolute beauty. Seriously--so beautiful. I am sorry you have to go back to work. That was SOO hard when Meghan was a baby. I hated leaving her. Good Luck!

Pari said...

Ah, she's such a cutie - good choice on the dress!

Oh, and Marci - you desperately and totally have to help me - what in the world do I do with an entire class of high schoolers on the first day?!

I'm FREAKING out, man!

weston'smommy said...

Marci, I totally know how you feel. I hated going back to work after maternity leave but being a teacher really is the best job and having a family. It does get easier. I just always tell me mom to let me think the first time Weston does something new that it is the first time he has done it even if he has done it for her. Your daughter is gorgeous. Such a sweetie. They are such blessing aren't they?