Monday, August 4, 2008

It's Finally Here!!!

What is finally here that I am so excited about, you may be asking yourselves. After all Makayla is already here and what could be more exciting than that right? Well, I will tell you,
BREAKING DAWN!!!
For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about let me enlighten you. Breaking Dawn is the final book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. It is what I have been waiting for since last Christmas when I finished the first three books in the series. Yes, you could say that I do have a little obsession with these books. It is all thanks to a fellow teacher at my school. She kept pressuring me to read these books, talking all the time about "Edward" ! I thought she was crazy and had no desire to read them. I finally gave in, really to get her to stop hounding me and to prove to her that I wouldn't like them, only to find myself in love with them and yes in love with Edward as well. Caleb thinks it is crazy that I am reading books about vampires and werewolves and enjoying them, because I do not like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. He can't see how I can like these books and not enjoy the for mentioned ones. But I can and I do! For those of you out there thinking that I am crazy and weird I can only tell you to read them. They are great books and hey, maybe you will become a fan as well.
Another reason my husband thinks I am crazy and obsessed with these books is the fact that I went to a release party for the book on Friday night. I waited with many others, more adults than you would think since this is suppose to be for teenagers, until midnight and got my copy right when they officially went on sale. Call me crazy, but it was very fun indeed. The next day as Caleb and I were out shopping we saw lots of copies of the book that I was afraid I wouldn't get if I didn't go Friday night, but what would have been the fun in waiting until morning to get a copy, right? All I can say it that I have my copy of the book and I am excited to read it and find out what happens. And of course
Go Team Edward!!!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

You not crazy I went to a party to get the book at midnight too! =)

The Barbers said...

I'll say this...they are well written books. I enjoyed them to an extent and will read the fourth one, but I don't like the idea of vampires.(blood suckers OR "vegetarian.") I like Jacobs' character best and I just read her book The Host and liked it better.
:) Let the verbal brawl begin.

Pari said...

I've been debating about reading these books. I've heard great things about the series, but I'm not exactly buying into the idea of vampires, etc. I don't know, with your recommend, I just might dive in...

Trina said...

I think the midnight party would've been fun, but alas I didn't go. I did however read the book and loved it. I thought the third one was the last and it just didn't sit right, but now it does. That's the one series I think I could read 3-4 times over and not get bored.