Monday, August 23, 2010

Is This Heaven?

No, it's Iowa!!!


I guess we are official, we have been to Field of Dreams! We decided that since this is what Iowa is famous for we had to visit it, right! We went up on a Saturday afternoon with our good friends Paul and Natalie. While I think the boys enjoyed it more than the girls did, it was fun to say that we have officially been there. Here are some pictures for proof that we really did go! Cory and Eric I know you guys are jealous, so now maybe you will come and visit us!!!

The family in front of the famous white house.


We took Makayla's baseballs and bat. Immediately upon stepping out of the car she grabbed her bat and acted like she knew what she was doing!


Makayla and I on the bleachers watching the boys play some ball!


Surprisingly there were quite a few people there when we went. I was hoping to have the field all to ourselves, but the boys were happy about all the people being there because it meant that they got to actually play. Here they are out in the field waiting patiently for their turn at bat.


Caleb's turn at bat. He was in heaven!

The trip would not be complete without a walk in the corn field. Makayla was not so sure about it at first. This is her looking into the corn deciding to go in or not.

Daddy came to the rescue and she was more than willing to go inside.


Where did they go?


Here they come back out!

Before we left I wanted Makayla to have the chance to be on the field so daddy took her and let her run the bases. It was so cute! She loved it and wanted to do it again. Wow she is getting so big! Oh and I did take my turn at hitting the baseball while we are there, but I won't share those pictures with you since I look incredibly pregnant and it isn't a pretty site. I just wanted the record to show that I also took my turn and hit a couple of balls at the field of dreams!

Oh the fun things you have to offer Iowa!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I'll have to find out some more details, like how far away it was? I'm sure we'll make it out there someday!

rychelle said...

ummm...are you trying to say that Utah is heaven...because I guess if it is...I am NOT going. J/K. I am happy you had fun!

Becky said...

Oh I am so glad you guys headed up there!!! What a blast!!!!!
There are some fun things here in the Midwest!
Glad you had fun!!!

The Barbers said...

That's so cool!!

natalie said...

Fun! Seems like there is something fun to do almost everywhere, if you know where to look! :)