Monday, November 10, 2008

Sick of being SICK!!!

Yes you read that correctly we are sick here at the Lorenc house AGAIN! Makayla started to not feel well again on Thursday night, but we thought maybe she was just teething or something. Then on Friday the babysitter called and said that she wasn't eating and keeping anything down and that she had a fever. Caleb and I both left work and took her to the doctors to see what was wrong with her. She had a fever of 100.7 while we were there and they said they didn't really know what was wrong with her. Her ears looked great and her breathing was fine, so they thought maybe it was a bladder infection, so they did some tests and nope not that either! We took her home and just decided to watch her. That night she didn't sleep and she was burning up! We gave her Tylenol and hoped it would help with the fever. All she wanted was to be held, so I slept on the couch with her.
Saturday wasn't any better. She wouldn't eat very much and all she wanted to do was sleep in my arms. That night she was burning up again and wouldn't eat so I called the doctor again. This time her fever was 102. The doctor said to watch her and if she got worse to take her to the ER. She was concerned that she might be getting dehydrated. We tried to keep liquids in her. Again I slept on the couch with her in my arms. She slept much better, but was still the same on Sunday. She didn't want to eat much just be held and sleep. Finally Sunday night her fever stopped. Today I took off work to stay home with her. Hopefully by tonight she is feeling much better. She still won't eat much but she isn't burning up anymore. She still wants to sleep all the time, but that is ok I guess.
Oh and to add to Makayla not feeling well, Caleb got the stomach flu again yesterday! Twice in one months time! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I am just waiting for my second turn with the flu!This last month has been miserable! We have spent each weekend in with someone not feeling well.

So I am really sick of people at my house being sick!!!

5 comments:

Trina said...

I'll make sure to stay away :) So sorry you guys have been sick. It sounds like you've had quite the sleepless weekend. I'm glad she seems to be feeling better. If you ever find out what was wrong let me know, I'm curious. Get feeling better.

The Michiganders said...

Feel better! I am so sorry.

I have spent many such nights on the couch with sick kids--sometimes more than one at a time and it never gets easier to see your children miserable.

The Barbers said...

I don't have any suggestions for Mykayla, but Caleb knows about cinnamon bark and is cautious about it but I have to tell you that I give my kids that stuff when we are going to be around people and we don't get that stuff anymore. I only use it when we are going to travel or if someone gets something really bad and we don't have time to mess with it, or like you, we are tired of being sick! Cinnamon bark works wonders for us.

Brooke said...

Dang kids getting sick! I know what that is like! I'm glad to hear she is doing better though.

Ps. i am done with school so let me know when you are ready for a cut or color or whatever. My schedule is more open now. and tell your hubby to get better too!

Holly said...

Oh I'm sorry!! We are lucky Taylin hasn't had anything more than a stuffy nose and even that is hard!
ps. call me one of these days!
pps. i love her eyes! so pretty!!
okay bye!