Saturday, July 7, 2012

Swimming and 4th of July

What are two of the best things about summer? If you ask my girls it is swimming and if you ask me it is the 4th of July and going to the West Bountiful parade! I know lame, but I love it and look forward to it every year!
This year the girls spent a lot of time outside swimming in the pool that Grandma bought. It was perfect we could go out and they could swim whenever they wanted and let me tell you they did! There is no better way to spend a summer day!

4th of July was super fun! We started the morning off with breakfast at the church and then headed over for the WB parade!
Getting the bag ready for all the candy that will be thrown! One of my favorite things about this parade!
This year not only did we come away with a ton of candy but we also came away with lots of other things. Just look at the haul they got!

After the parade we headed up to my Aunt's house for swimming fun and a BBQ! sorry no pictures of this as I was swimming and didn't get any!
After swimming and the BBQ we went home to watch some good old fireworks! I love watching the small fireworks you can do at home. It is one of my favorite things to do. 

Here Lucy is getting her chair ready to watch the show!
We also did some sparklers. This was Lucy's first time and she was fearless!

Makayla on the other had was a little more cautious especially after what happened to her a few months ago in Iowa when her hand was burned. After a lot of coaxing we got her to try it and she was happy she did. She had a lot of fun.
I love the 4th of July and all the celebrations that go on! What a great way to celebrate our freedom!

No comments: