Sunday, October 17, 2010

Squirrels + Pumpkins = Disaster

So I think some of you may remember my post about a year ago about the problems we had with squirrels in our walls and attic. Well I am here to tell you my relationship with those little buggers hasn't gotten any better! Now they are after our PUMPKINS!!!
Last year they attacked our CARVED pumpkins which wasn't a big deal since Halloween was basically over. Well this year they started there attack A LOT earlier! We just got our pumpkins last weekend and they are already ruined and we still have 2 weeks until Halloween. Don't believe me just look at the picture below!
Our neighbor caught them in the act and I will have to post a picture if I can get them to send me one of the criminals in the act.
Needless to say these pumpkins have been retired and new ones await, INSIDE the house until we are ready to carve them!
On to happier things Makayla and her cute Halloween costume.
Now this makes me happy!
Isn't she the cutest Kitty ever! I am proud to say that I, with a little of Caleb's help, made most of that costume!
We recently went to Caleb's school for a trick-or-treating event, which was a blast. We did it last year and it was so fun. Why is it so early you may ask, well they try to get it done before finals and break for the trimester starts. Anyway they also have a costume contest after the trick-or-treating. Last year Makayla won for the "cutest" costume we were so proud! This year when they announced the cutest costume and it wasn't Makayla we thought oh well at least we go it last year. They continued with the winner for "most original", we weren't going to win that, and then they got to the "scariest" and guess who won......Yup Makayla! They said the scariest costume goes to the scary little Kitty! We thought it was so funny! There really wasn't any scary ones in her age so we think they were torn between her and the cute little cowboy that won for cutest so they just gave her scariest! She won $20 to target and she can't wait to get to spend it!
Here she is on stage. Caleb placed her right in front of the judges and proceeded to coach her. He had her meowing and moving her hands. It was so cute and I tease him now that he would be the best pageant coach ever! What a great dad he is!

Here she is with her prize! Isn't she adorable!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Oh gosh! That is kind funny about the squirrels. Maybe you should stop feeding them! Ha:)And good job with the costume!

AND wow, your baby is going to be here ANY day!!! fun:)

Erica Jessop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Jessop said...

I really think that my daughter should have won for the scariest did you see her freaking out in the background GEEZZZ lol! I was like Baylee all you are supposed to do is stand her and look cute.....but no she decided to turn into a monster! You should try and go for most orginal next year that way she wins all three awards;)

Cindy said...

I couldn't decide if she was a cat or a witch.....glad you clarified it for me:) she is very cute!!!

littledang said...

I just love these squirrels in the midwest! They are so funny. We just found out that a possum lives on the north side of our house. I love Mckayla! She soo cute! Love and miss you guys!

Katy said...

What a darling little kitty! It's so cute that Makayla loves to dress up, and wins stuff doing it! (Maddi HATES her Halloween costume and won't put it on for anything.) Kinda ironic that you got a Target gift card, though... ;)

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

Marci, first of all your daughter is growing up so fast. She's so stinkin' cute! And I love the picture of her on the porch with the pumpkins all eaten my the squirrels. What a cutie! I'm sorry about your squirrel troubles. That's irritating, but hey it made for a good post!

The Lorenc Family said...

Thatis so cute!!!!!