Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bittersweet!

As most of you know school is officially over and usually with that comes great happiness! Well this year I would say it is bittersweet. Don't get me wrong I am so ready for the summer and the chance to be a stay at home mommy, who wouldn't with this cute thing,


but I think I truly am going to miss teaching! As I packed up my room Friday I found myself thinking about these past 3 years and how much I have truly enjoyed them. From the highs, seeing a student succeed for the first time in math. To the lows, feeling overwhelmed by the fact that I wasn't just a teacher, but a role model and someone who cared for some of these kids who didn't know what that was like. I must admit I had no idea what I was getting myself into becoming a teacher after all it isn't a 9-5 job and the pay isn't great, but with all of that said I just don't think that I could have picked a better profession. I will miss not only the students, but my fellow colleges and friends that I have made. This transition will be a hard one, but one that ready or not I am going to make. Here is to the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of a new one.

2 comments:

The Michiganders said...

You are going to be a huge assest to your ward in Iowa....and I am really praying that you will be welcomed in warmly. I know that it doesn't seem like it now--but the time that Brady and Nicole were in Michigan for law school flew by!

We are going to try to go see Micah in Nauvoo in August--would you be up for some guests? We would love to stop by and see you.

The Lorenc Family said...

I understand your feelings... may your transitions be filled with lots of love from above!