Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

This was Makayla's first 4th of July, not to mention her first real holiday! We had lots of fun on this day. First we dressed Makayla up in her 4th of July outfit. I was so excited to have her wear it because I thought it was just so darn cute! Then we took her to a breakfast at my parents ward where we had some yummy food!
After the breakfast Caleb, my dad, and I went and hit a bucket of balls at the golf course. Caleb is practicing for our trip to St. George in a couple of weeks. I hit a few balls and lets just say my dad and Caleb had a few good laughs. I think I will just stick to soccer. After golfing we went to my Aunt Bonnie's to swim and have a BBQ with my family. It was a lot of fun.
Here Caleb is with Makayla for her first swimming experience, OK she didn't really swim she just put her feet in, but she enjoyed that very much!
By the end of the night she was very tired and fell asleep in her Aunt Jerilyn's arms. We knew she was asleep by the position of the arm, above her head! It was a very busy and fun 4th of July!


3 comments:

Trina said...

Sounds like you had a busy day, but lots of fun! Makayla is way cute in her outfit! I'm so glad we have a fourth of July and the freedom to celebrate it

Pari said...

Wait a minute is this the same Aunt Bonnie that we used to go swimming to in the summer? If it is, she has definitely upgraded her pool area - I'm super jealous!

It looked like a lot of fun; I miss you girlie!

Holly said...

She is so cute Marci! We need to get our girls together! I think they want to go swimmin...I love this mom business! haha